Welcome
Welcome to SuiJurisForum.com --- You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Members of this FREE Community are able to gain access to write capabilities, private messaging, a chat room, extra forums, and more!

***If you decide to Join our FREE Community... then DON'T FORGET to PASS/SKIP the multiple ADVERTISEMENTS during Registration that ask for Phone Numbers!! ***

‘No Grounding in the Constitution’

Discuss about the world and people freedom as entire.

Re: ‘No Grounding in the Constitution’

Postby Shoonra » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:22 pm

All the houses on my street, for at least a mile in both directions (probably much more), contain a married couple or at least the surviving member of a married couple. In absolutely zero instances did any of these couples need, nor even request, my approval for them to get married. And the same about my marriage needing their approval. Frankly, if crystal balls worked, at least a few of these marriages might have been cancelled. So I don't see why people get to vote on whether their neighbors can marry someone of the same gender. Does it make a difference to anyone outside that house?
/ Shoonra
"Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft."
First Samuel 15:23
Shoonra
Statist

Have thanks: 204 time

Postby palani » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:39 am

Shoonra wrote:Does it make a difference to anyone outside that house?

So your viewpoint is that you might live next to Jeffrey Dahmer and are ok with what goes on in his house because you don't know anything about it?
Make me one with everything.
-- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor
palani
Out of Commerce

Have thanks: 465 time

Postby Banja » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:28 am

Shoonra wrote:So I don't see why people get to vote on whether their neighbors can marry someone of the same gender. Does it make a difference to anyone outside that house?
Your right Shoonra, it doesn't make one damn bit of difference to ANYONE outside that house. In other words its none of YOUR damn business. If you don't like it, or it crosses some stupid ass religious line in the sand for you, then.......MOVE.

palani wrote:
Shoonra wrote:Does it make a difference to anyone outside that house?

So your viewpoint is that you might live next to Jeffrey Dahmer and are ok with what goes on in his house because you don't know anything about it?
Comparing murder and dismemberment to sex and living arrangements between...and here is the key... CONSENTING ADULTS, is stretching things beyond any meaningful analogy. Possibly palani you can show how you, or anyone else, would be injured by a same sex married couple living next door, or down the street, with the only possible cause of that injury being that they are a same sex married couple. Be sure to demonstrate your injury with empirically demonstrable evidence also.

What I don't understand is why the LGBT and Gay Marriage Advocates are DEMANDING that the State be apart of their relationships. Later this year will mark the 25th anniversary for my Wife and I. With that being said, if something were to happen that would end our marriage, most likely after some time, I would be in a committed relationship with a woman again. But there is no GD freaking way I would get a marriage license or in any way invite the State into that relationship. I would be more than willing to announce my intentions, exchange vows if you will, before friends and family. However, the State would not be on the invite list for that party.

Banja has been thanked by:
Banja
Freeman

Have thanks: 60 time

Postby Shoonra » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:44 am

Banja wrote:What I don't understand is why the LGBT and Gay Marriage Advocates are DEMANDING that the State be apart of their relationships.

One of the facts that came up when "civil unions" and/or "domestic partnerships" were being proposed as substitutes for marriage for same-sex couples is that the law has always set aside certain enforceable privileges and rights for marriage, a very great number of which would not be legally available to any other arrangement including "domestic partnerships". For example, in criminal law, spousal confidentiality. In civil law, the various laws of inheritance and concurrent ownership, authority to make medical and other decisions for the 'partner', visitation rights in hospitals and prisons, and on and on. Probably enough privileges and rights to fill a dozen pages. So anything other than "marriage" was lacking in some very important legal rights. It's not a question of the State being "a part" (two words) of the relationship, it's a matter of the State recognizing all their rights and privileges as a part of the relationship.
/ Shoonra
"Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft."
First Samuel 15:23
Shoonra
Statist

Have thanks: 204 time

Postby Pumpkin » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:59 am

IMO, this debate only shines a light on the fact that the state has no damn business whatsoever concerning marraige. Why do the need to know anything about the private lives of the people. As I said, they want to know, so they can violate the doctrine of 'equal protection'. With the state 'recognizing' any marraige, that means to have any illusion of equal protect in the recording of marriage, the state must recognize ALL marriages. It is easy to see how this can turn into a fiasco quickly.
Pumpkin

Postby palani » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:09 pm

Banja wrote:Comparing murder and dismemberment to sex and living arrangements between...and here is the key... CONSENTING ADULTS, is stretching things beyond any meaningful analogy.

So if Dahmer only killed and ate adults who freely signed a disclaimer that they consented to be killed and eaten is ok by you?
palani
Out of Commerce

Postby Banja » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:33 pm

palani wrote:
Banja wrote:Comparing murder and dismemberment to sex and living arrangements between...and here is the key... CONSENTING ADULTS, is stretching things beyond any meaningful analogy.

So if Dahmer only killed and ate adults who freely signed a disclaimer that they consented to be killed and eaten is ok by you?
Even for you palani that's just a ridiculous hypothetical and drags the conversation into the absurd. However, if you can show that anyone has ever signed a disclaimer and consented to "be killed and eaten" I will answer your question.

You still have a unanswered question/request from my earlier post.
Banja wrote: Possibly palani you can show how you, or anyone else, would be injured by a same sex married couple living next door, or down the street, with the only possible cause of that injury being that they are a same sex married couple. Be sure to demonstrate your injury with empirically demonstrable evidence also.

Banja has been thanked by:
Banja
Freeman

Postby palani » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Banja wrote:that's just a ridiculous hypothetical
Are YOU a ridiculous hypothetical?

Banja wrote:You still have a unanswered question/request from my earlier post.

You made me cry, when you said goodbye
Ain't that a shame
My tears fell like rain
Ain't that a shame
You're the one to blame

You broke my heart, when you said we're apart
Ain't that a shame
My tears fell like rain
Ain't that a shame
You're the one to blame

Oh well, goodbye although I cry
Ain't that a shame
My tears fell like rain
Ain't that a shame
You're the one to blame

You made me cry when you said goodbye
Ain't that a shame
My tears fell like rain
Ain't that a shame
You're the one to blame

Oh well, goodbye although I cry
Ain't that a shame
My tears fell like rain
Ain't that a shame
You're the one to blame
palani
Out of Commerce

Postby BOBT12 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Please, gentleman, let's stick with examples more clearly related to the Defense of Marriage Act, or opening post (OP). As far as I can tell, Dahmer didn't attempt to marry his victims. So could we just move on to a more appropriate examples?
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-- Thomas Jefferson

”The principles contained in the Declaration of Independence are saving principles. Stand by those principles; be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost.” –Frederick Douglass.

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."- Patrick Henry

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."- William Penn;Thomas Jefferson's personal seal, attributed to the judges who executed King Charles I for crimes against the people.

inforwars.com
BOBT12
Out of Commerce

Have thanks: 163 time

Postby Banja » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:13 pm

palani, Does Nurse Ratchett know you are at the computor or did you sneak in and use it?
Banja
Freeman

PreviousNext

Return to End of America