Welcome
Welcome to SuiJurisForum.com --- You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Members of this FREE Community are able to gain access to write capabilities, private messaging, a chat room, extra forums, and more!

***If you decide to Join our FREE Community... then DON'T FORGET to PASS/SKIP the multiple ADVERTISEMENTS during Registration that ask for Phone Numbers!! ***

Places to live/rent/own/alternative housing

Discuss anything about life situation.

Places to live/rent/own/alternative housing

Postby Moxie » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Suppose a man or woman who knows their God-given rights and practices freedom needs to rent a room because he/she can never afford a down payment for a house. How does this man or woman get around the background check and credit check just to have a place to live? Can this be waived with a "no consent" and still get a place to rent? I've never seen a topic on this before by the way.

Another thing is when people rent rooms out in their homes and demand a credit check to "make sure" the rent will get paid (LOL). Oh please, what a shallow way to measure if rent will be timely. They also demand a background check, I think this covers rental history. Maybe they demand a criminal background check.

Is it as simple as -- if a man/woman puts "no consent" in the credit check agreement, is that an automatic rejection for living there, or can rights be held up in court, or....? Anyone done this before?

Aside: there's so much pressure on the one looking for a room to rent, but what about a background check and reference for the one renting the room to give to the renter? Anyone done this without it resulting in cross words and shattered egos from the one renting the room?
Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.
Moxie
Agent In Commerce

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Places to live/rent/own/alternative housing

Postby palani » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:03 pm

Appearance solves many of your questions. If you show up looking reasonably clean, not under the influence of drugs or alcohol and people can stand to be downwind from you half your problems are solved. Next comes speech. If you are polite and articulate there go another 25% of your problems.

Trailers for sale or rent
Rooms to let...fifty cents.
No phone, no pool, no pets
I ain't got no cigarettes
Ah, but..two hours of pushin' broom
Buys an eight by twelve four-bit room
I'm a man of means by no means
King of the road.

People are usually good judges of character and if they have been renting rooms or houses for any amount of time they are experts. By the same token you can judge them .... you will form an opinion quickly of people you don't want to rent from.
Make me one with everything.
-- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor
palani
Out of Commerce

Have thanks: 478 time

Postby PHOSPHENE » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:59 pm

One can avoid all that bureaucracy if he rents from a private individual, or sub-leases from somebody. A used mobile home is an option too. An RV nicer than most apartments costs a lot less than the down payment on a house.

Most establishments that require all those checks are corporate owned. The manager at a corporate property has zero say in the matter. He doesn't have the authority to make an exception because "you seem like a nice guy". The manager's acceptance, or denial, is based 100% on what the computer tells him.
"This Constitution is said to have beautiful features; but when I come to examine these features, Sir, they appear to me horribly frightful" - Patrick Henry (June 7, 1788)

PHOSPHENE has been thanked by:
PHOSPHENE
Out of the State

Have thanks: 220 time

Postby Shuftin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:07 am

If one engages with a large corporation such as (MAA) Mid-America Apartments which owns hundreds of properties. Then one is pretty much screwed. A lot of minimum wage employees who strictly go by the book and couldn't care less about the potential renter. They are simply time killers watching the clock. A better practice would be to go with a much smaller leaser, preferably an individual. Consider rent-to-own as an option.

A criminal background check is for "Convictions" only, and that is usually local (In State). There are rental reporting agencies just like there are credit reporting agencies. In the last five years or so, rent history (Payments) have now begun to show up on one's credit reports. Go figure. All I can say is "Deep pockets."

Ever heard the mantra "We reserve the Right to refuse service"? Most corporations practice this. Example: No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service."

There is no law that compels a leaser to lease to a Person.

Therefore ones "No Consent" (To whatever offends one) will result in a "Refuse service" from the leaser.

Aside from that, palani and PHOSPHENE are absolutely correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrhAC0dFis0
The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. - Tacitus, Roman senator and historian (A.D. c.56-c.115)

The Government is the People, by the People, just not ---- YOU People. - Unknown

When neither their property nor their honor is touched, the majority of men live content. - Niccolo Machiavelli

The old police motto of TOprotect and servehas been replaced with YOU "comply or die.”

Better ten innocent Sheeple in jail than one guilty Person on the street! Blue Wall Of Modus Operandi
Shuftin
Out of Commerce

Have thanks: 374 time

Postby Moxie » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:52 am

palani wrote:Appearance solves many of your questions. If you show up looking reasonably clean, not under the influence of drugs or alcohol and people can stand to be downwind from you half your problems are solved. Next comes speech. If you are polite and articulate there go another 25% of your problems.

People are usually good judges of character and if they have been renting rooms or houses for any amount of time they are experts. By the same token you can judge them .... you will form an opinion quickly of people you don't want to rent from.

True, I've rented all my life.

Browsing the church classifieds, I see ads from individuals renting a room in their house. These individuals want a credit check done on the potential renter. I can understand that from a corporate rental agency, but from someone at church, really??
Moxie
Agent In Commerce

Postby Pumpkin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:22 pm

This is a private contract issue. If the renter say credit check, it can be required and if he required none, then that's the way it will be. He has the right not to contract with you.
Pumpkin

Postby Moxie » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:35 pm

Ok then...

But what I don't get is, if this person goes to church, why are they depending on "The Beast's" measuring scale to determine if someone is worthy of renting or not. Maybe the renter has a poor credit report because he got laid off of his job in the middle of a lease, or he was hospitalized and couldn't work, etc..

And, how does the potential renter know the roommate renting the room is not bipolar, or narcissistic, or obsessive-compulsive? And of course the renter will not give references who will not make him look good.

And the
Moxie
Agent In Commerce

Postby Pumpkin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:55 pm

That beast has deceived the world. It seems like a pretty raw deal, until you consider that the ones that were deceived by him in the spiritual world got thrown out of heaven forever. At least we can be forgiven after the tour of the asylum.
Pumpkin

Return to Living and Survival