Welcome
Welcome to SuiJurisForum.com --- You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Members of this FREE Community are able to gain access to write capabilities, private messaging, a chat room, extra forums, and more!

***If you decide to Join our FREE Community... then DON'T FORGET to PASS/SKIP the multiple ADVERTISEMENTS during Registration that ask for Phone Numbers!! ***

Forum-Approved List of PERMANENT File/Image Hosts...

PLEASE...
Post your ideas for organization, structure, communication, backup, security, etc....

Forum-Approved List of PERMANENT File/Image Hosts...

Postby grndslm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:44 am

Just a reminder that our storage space here for uploaded files is rather limited. It's not unbearable, but it's definitely limited.

The solution is to upload certain, "not-so-rare-and/or-essential" material to other file/image hosts.

Hopefully others can correct or add more hosts to this list, but I'll start it off with some hosts that work (store files permanently) and those that don't work (store files temporarily)....

PERMANENT IMAGE HOSTS
------------------------
ImageShack.us

TEMPORARY IMAGE HOSTS
------------------------
TinyPic.com (90-day limit until inactive files are removed; mostly seems to be permanent, tho)

PERMANENT VIDEO HOSTS
------------------------
DailyMotion
MetaCafe
Vimeo
YouTube

TEMPORARY VIDEO HOSTS
------------------------
???

PERMANENT FILE HOSTS
------------------------
DropBox
Google Docs

TEMPORARY FILE HOSTS
------------------------
HotFile.com (90-day limit until inactive files are removed)
FileDropper.com (30-day limit until inactive files are removed)
A lawyer cannot claim that you have rights. -- U.S. v. Johnson, 76 F. Supp. 538

"When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty." -- Someone from the Confederacy, circa 1860
grndslm
Out of the State

Have thanks: 199 time

Re: Forum-Approved List of PERMANENT File/Image Hosts...

Postby Shuftin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 am

Good morning. First, how large is our storage space? There are dozens of free image hosting websites. I tend to hop-skip-and-jump through a variety of them. But I'll admit that the number is shrinking. More and more website's require registration. In my paranoid mindset, this is further evidence of "Tracking" and "Associating" individual's. Thus my being a transient.

If I were to choose one free image hosting website, it would be this one. ePhoto Bay

As for free file and folder hosting website's, I'll have to backtrack to see where I've been. After I've uploaded a file/folder, all I care about is where where I've placed that link for retrieval. The internet is my greater hard drive.

I shudder at the concept of "Cloud's" because with a flip of a switch, it can be "Gone." Diversity is everything.
The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. - Tacitus, Roman senator and historian (A.D. c.56-c.115)

The Government is the People, by the People, just not ---- YOU People. - Unknown

When neither their property nor their honor is touched, the majority of men live content. - Niccolo Machiavelli

The old police motto of TOprotect and servehas been replaced with YOU "comply or die.”

Better ten innocent Sheeple in jail than one guilty Person on the street! Blue Wall Of Modus Operandi
Shuftin
Out of Commerce

Have thanks: 368 time

Postby grndslm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 am

Shuftin, we are allowed UNLIMITED forum text. But attachments are limited to ~1.5 GB, and that is supposed to increase with time (similar to Gmail... but I doubt it would be anywhere near as fast as Gmail). It would only take 300 five megabyte files to reach that limit, which we likely won't reach... but I'd prefer to err on the side of caution.

This is why I encourage the really awesome, rare, and/or pertinent information (particularly PDFs or DOCs of Notices, Affidavits, Memorandums, Briefs, etc.) to be stored here *and* elsewhere... while I'd prefer the non-pertinent information to be hosted entirely separate from this forum.
A lawyer cannot claim that you have rights. -- U.S. v. Johnson, 76 F. Supp. 538

"When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty." -- Someone from the Confederacy, circa 1860
grndslm
Out of the State

Have thanks: 199 time

Postby MarshallBanana » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Also, if you're not a fan of registering for sites like me, you'll probably enjoy bugmenot.com. :)
MarshallBanana
Awakened

Have thanks: 8 time

Postby country_hick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:02 pm

(Deleted post.)
There is a reason that LEO has a new meaning: Legally Entitled to Oppress. Thanks to Bob Livingston for this one.

Williams v. United States, 341 US 97 - Supreme Court 1951
It is the right of the accused to be tried by a legally constituted court, not by a kangaroo court.

Penhallow v. Doane's Administrators, 3 US 54 - Supreme Court 1795
Judges may die, and courts be at an end; but justice still lives, and, though she may sleep for a while, will eventually awake, and must be satisfied
country_hick
Freeman

Have thanks: 37 time

Return to Website & Enhancements