Welcome
Welcome to SuiJurisForum.com --- You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Members of this FREE Community are able to gain access to write capabilities, private messaging, a chat room, extra forums, and more!

***If you decide to Join our FREE Community... then DON'T FORGET to PASS/SKIP the multiple ADVERTISEMENTS during Registration that ask for Phone Numbers!! ***

Diabetes: Non-Pharmaceutical solutions?

Discuss health to watch.

Re: Diabetes: Non-Pharmaceutical solutions?

Postby Shikamaru » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:23 pm

I recommend ceylon cinnamon over cassia if one intends to use cinnamon to combat diabetes.
Shikamaru
Out of Commerce

Have thanks: 281 time

Postby intern2byv » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:39 am

Berbercap is said to have some beneficial effects for diabetes.
visits my websites http://www.peacequarters.com
intern2byv
Serf

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby lostandfound » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:37 am

Apple cider vinegar may be the unsung cure taken properly search Dr Jarvis.

https://www.amazon.com/Folk-Medicine-D- ... 827&sr=1-4

fantastic informative and inexpensive!

https://www.amazon.com/Folk-Medicine-D- ... ly_reviews
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. They feed them on falsehoods till wrongs look like right in their eyes." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, forever.
lostandfound
King of my Own Domain

Have thanks: 185 time

Postby Shoonra » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Those 'natural' treatments like cinnamon actually require HUGE amounts, not capsules but quarts, to make a significant dent in diabetes.

Around 1920, just before the development of insulin as a treatment, there was a very real flurry of medical support for extremely low carbohydrate diets for diabetics. But I mean EXTREMELY LOW CARB, no exceptions, no days off. Even so, this regimen couldn't save those who were already severe diabetics and seemed not very successful with Type-1 diabetics. Advantages: low carb diet also worked against obesity.
Very recently a British doctor, Roy Taylor, has worked up an anti-obesity diet based on the fact that obese type-2 diabetics who underwent stomach shrinkage surgery (various types - stapling, bypass, gastric band, etc.) not only lost weight but also somehow got cured of diabetes, even though the surgery never touched the pancreas. He figured out it was the very strict diet that they had to follow after the surgery -- colloquially, five handfuls of birdseed a day forever. He figured that the birdseed diet, without the surgery, might work just as well and tried it on a bunch of obese diabetics in hospital, without doing surgery, and it did work. But the diet has to be followed super-strictly, no secret candy bars or cheeseburgers. He is now selling packages of the "birdseed" diet (really, broth, and assorted other stuff, very small portions, something like 6 or 7 little meals a day for months and months). The difference with his method and the surgery is that, with Taylor's method it is possible to back-out, very slowly and very carefully and very rarely, for a normal meal once in a while. There are a few books out describing this method or something similar.

I have been dabbling in a lower carb diet - not nearly as strict as Taylor's - and lost 30 pounds in 18 months and brought my A1C down to 5.7. I hasten to add that (1) I am only mildly diabetic, only diagnosed within the last two years, (2) I have never been prescribed insulin, (3) my blood glucose readings have never been above 210 and for the last year hover around 130-160, and (4) I am following my M.D.'s instructions additional to my lower-carb diet including daily doses of prescription Metformin pills (Glucophage).
Last edited by Shoonra on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/ Shoonra
"Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft."
First Samuel 15:23

Shoonra has been thanked by:
Shoonra
Statist

Have thanks: 207 time

Postby BOBT12 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:28 pm

Congratulation, Shoonra. At your current rate you are not in a diabetic state, although you likely have metabolic issues that would return you to such a state if you did not take constant measures to prevent any reversal. Keep up the good work, as long as you are not in a diabetic state your body will tend to heal from some of the damage that occurred while in a such a condition.
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-- Thomas Jefferson

”The principles contained in the Declaration of Independence are saving principles. Stand by those principles; be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost.” –Frederick Douglass.

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."- Patrick Henry

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."- William Penn;Thomas Jefferson's personal seal, attributed to the judges who executed King Charles I for crimes against the people.

inforwars.com

BOBT12 has been thanked by:
BOBT12
Out of Commerce

Have thanks: 168 time

Postby Shoonra » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:56 am

I do not have a non-pharm solution because I do take the medications (quite a few of them) prescribed for me, as well as following a lower carb diet of my own choosing. I believe that the lower carb diet has helped me control my blood glucose much better than I could without the diet. I also have added some mild exercise to my sedentary life, which I think also helps. And, of course, it is important that I did this while my diabetes was still newly diagnosed and not severe.

Careful diet, conscientious exercise, and adherence to pill schedule can certainly help keep diabetes from getting worse and might even cause diabetes to dial back quite a bit -- for some people. For some people, it could spare them the unpleasant prospect of insulin injections, and for others help minimize their prescription medications, and for others enable them to reduce the medications they have been taking. But this good luck doesn't work the same for everyone with diabetes and even the lucky handful still have to jab themselves to check their blood glucose regularly -- and there's absolutely no way they can go back to six-packs and giant bags of M&Ms.

I want to emphasize clearly that, just because some diet has worked for me or for someone else (even someone you know well) this is no assurance that it will have the same wonderful effect on you, or that it will continue producing these effects forever. Take your medications until your physician is sufficiently impressed to tell you that you can trim back on them, and thereafter continue to test your blood glucose regularly to make sure that the diet is continuing to work its magic. Even with a no-carb diet (if such exists), some medication would probably still be necessary, as well as jabs for blood glucose. If you allow yourself a rare (or not-so-rare) dinner out eating normal food with normal people, you'd have to be even more careful.
/ Shoonra
"Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft."
First Samuel 15:23
Shoonra
Statist

Have thanks: 207 time

Previous

Return to Health