Welcome
Welcome to SuiJurisForum.com --- You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Members of this FREE Community are able to gain access to write capabilities, private messaging, a chat room, extra forums, and more!

***If you decide to Join our FREE Community... then DON'T FORGET to PASS/SKIP the multiple ADVERTISEMENTS during Registration that ask for Phone Numbers!! ***

State Sovereignity

Discuss legal theories and the merit thereof

State Sovereignity

Postby palani » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:22 am

In the case of Iowa their code requires the following (in Title 1 Sovereignty Section)

2016 Iowa Code
Title I - STATE SOVEREIGNTY AND MANAGEMENT
Chapter 1D - IOWA STANDARD TIME
Section 1D.1 - Standard time and daylight saving time.
Universal Citation: IA Code § 1D.1 (2016)

1D.1

Standard time and daylight saving time.

The standard time in this state is the solar time of the ninetieth meridian of longitude west of Greenwich, England, commonly known as central standard time, except that from 2:00 ante meridiem of the first Sunday of April in every year until 2:00 ante meridiem of the last Sunday of October in the same year, standard time shall be advanced one hour. The period of time so advanced shall be known as “daylight saving time”.

1D.2

Effect of time change.

In all laws, statutes, orders, decrees, rules, and regulations relating to the time of performance of any act by any officer or department of this state, including the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of the state government, or any county, city or district thereof, relating to the time in which any rights shall accrue or determine, or within which any act shall or shall not be performed by any person subject to the jurisdiction of this state and in all the public schools and institutions of this state, or of any county, city or district thereof, and in all contracts and choses in action made or to be performed in this state, the time shall be the time established in section 1D.1.

Found here under IOWA STANDARD TIME

http://law.justia.com/codes/iowa/2016/title-i/

Feds have daylight savings time starting March 12th. Iowa requires the same change the first Sunday of April. It is a sovereignty issue. It is also a 'get out of jail free' provision. Say you are stopped for speeding in Iowa and the time is noted between now and the first Sunday in April as daylight savings time. The Iowa officer is committing a felony in that he is deliberately committing a criminal act by acting as a foreign agent (the U.S. national government) as evidenced by his use of daylight savings time to record the time of the incident.

Check your state for similar cookies in the code.
Make me one with everything.
-- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor
palani
Out of Commerce
 
Posts: 5695
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:46 am
Has thanked: 163 time
Have thanks: 468 time

 

Re: State Sovereignity

Postby mertensv16 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:53 pm

palani wrote:Feds have daylight savings time starting March 12th. Iowa requires the same change the first Sunday of April. It is a sovereignty issue. It is also a 'get out of jail free' provision. Say you are stopped for speeding in Iowa and the time is noted between now and the first Sunday in April as daylight savings time. The Iowa officer is committing a felony in that he is deliberately committing a criminal act by acting as a foreign agent (the U.S. national government) as evidenced by his use of daylight savings time to record the time of the incident.

Check your state for similar cookies in the code.


Nice try but no cigar. A State may choose to not observe daylight savings time, but if it doesn’t elect out it must observe the federal beginning and ending dates. The federal law, found at 15 USC §260a, preempts state law. The constitutionality of the law is based on Congress’ power to “fix the Standard of Weights and Measures” (I.8.5).

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/260a
Some people believe with great fervor preposterous things that just happen to coincide with their self-interest. "Tax protesters" have convinced themselves that wages are not income, that only gold is money, that the Sixteenth Amendment is unconstitutional, and so on. These beliefs all lead--so tax protesters think--to the elimination of their obligation to pay taxes. The government may not prohibit the holding of these beliefs, but it may penalize people who act on them. Coleman v. Commissioner, 791 F.2d 68 (7th Cir. 1986)
mertensv16
Statist
 
Posts: 1756
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:55 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 48 time

Re: State Sovereignity

Postby palani » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:03 pm

mertensv16 wrote:Nice try but no cigar. A State may choose to not observe daylight savings time, but if it doesn’t elect out it must observe the federal beginning and ending dates.
A puny bloodless attempt to diminish state sovereignty.


mertensv16 wrote:The federal law, found at 15 USC §260a, preempts state law. The constitutionality of the law is based on Congress’ power to “fix the Standard of Weights and Measures” (I.8.5).

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/260a


Ah yes. I see. You choose to hide behind a 'federal' concept when that concept died in 1868. Why not point out the national concept involved in shifting sovereignty to the United States from the several States?
Make me one with everything.
-- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor
palani
Out of Commerce
 
Posts: 5695
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:46 am
Has thanked: 163 time
Have thanks: 468 time


Return to Legal Theory Analysis

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
suspicion-preferred