Welcome
Welcome to SuiJurisForum.com --- You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Members of this FREE Community are able to gain access to write capabilities, private messaging, a chat room, extra forums, and more!

***If you decide to Join our FREE Community... then DON'T FORGET to PASS/SKIP the multiple ADVERTISEMENTS during Registration that ask for Phone Numbers!! ***

Sound

What's a "Freeman"? What does "Sui Juris" mean?

Sound

Postby palani » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:38 pm

Nothing can make anything in itself: the clapper hath not sound in it, but motion, and maketh motion in the internal parts of the bell so the bell hath motion, and not sound. That imparteth motion to the air; and the air hath motion, but not sound. The air imparteth motion by the ear and nerves to the brain; and the brain hath motion but not sound. From the brain it reboundeth back into the nerves outward and thence it becometh an apparition without, which we call sound.

And to proceed to the rest of the senses, it is apparent enough, that the smell and taste of the same thing are not the same to every man, and therefore are not in the thing smelt or tasted, but in the men. So likewise the heat we feel from the fire is manifestly in us, and is quite different from the heat that is in the fire.

The above is per Hobbes, Human Nature and De Corpore Politico

Just thought you might want to reflect upon the above passage. Hopefully you hear no sound. The absence of sound is QUIET.
Make me one with everything.
-- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor
palani
Out of Commerce

Have thanks: 465 time

Re: Sound

Postby palani » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:43 am

From Hobbes Human Nature

Darned if I haven't checked high or low and can find no sense that is good at detecting debt. If it exists the mind created it from some form of rationalizing.
Make me one with everything.
-- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor
palani
Out of Commerce

Have thanks: 465 time

Re: Sound

Postby PHOSPHENE » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:34 pm

John 1:1 (ASV) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Cymatics - Bringing Matter To Life With Sound (Part 1 of 3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05Io6lop3mk

CYMATICS: Science Vs. Music - Nigel Stanford
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oItpVa9fs
"This Constitution is said to have beautiful features; but when I come to examine these features, Sir, they appear to me horribly frightful" - Patrick Henry (June 7, 1788)
PHOSPHENE
Out of the State

Have thanks: 217 time

Return to Words & Terms defined