Welcome
Welcome to SuiJurisForum.com --- You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Members of this FREE Community are able to gain access to write capabilities, private messaging, a chat room, extra forums, and more!

***If you decide to Join our FREE Community... then DON'T FORGET to PASS/SKIP the multiple ADVERTISEMENTS during Registration that ask for Phone Numbers!! ***

Credit Card issue

Discuss the credit card, collection agency, and credit reporting act, etc.

Credit Card issue

Postby jafco13 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:09 pm

I lost my job and I was still paying my credit card with my unemployment and savings now this all has run-out. So I was on the phone with one of my credit card company's today. I asked her if there is a way to stop the past due fees from accumulating now that they know I am unemployed. She said to me no there is no way to do this as it is generated automatically. Please if someone could enlighten me if there is a way I certainly would appreciate your help. Thanks
jafco13
Serf

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Credit Card issue

Postby phoenixreborn » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi Jafco,

Have you read the agreement? Is there any mention of a grace period?
phoenixreborn
Serf

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby country_hick » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Ask to talk to a supervisor. The credit card companies can make accommodations when it suits them. The low level guy you talk to first is a trained monkey who acts as trained to act, speaks as trained to speak, and does as trained to do. A supervisor is above that level of training and can work things out with you if you give them a reason and they want to. Simply saying you could go through bankruptcy could be what makes the difference.
There is a reason that LEO has a new meaning: Legally Entitled to Oppress. Thanks to Bob Livingston for this one.

Williams v. United States, 341 US 97 - Supreme Court 1951
It is the right of the accused to be tried by a legally constituted court, not by a kangaroo court.

Penhallow v. Doane's Administrators, 3 US 54 - Supreme Court 1795
Judges may die, and courts be at an end; but justice still lives, and, though she may sleep for a while, will eventually awake, and must be satisfied
country_hick
Freeman

Have thanks: 54 time

Postby Shoonra » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:04 am

I agree, a supervisor might give you some elasticity. Don't expect much, however. And, this is important, don't keep using the credit card while you are broke and unemployed. This sort of thing (unemployed people using their credit cards until the plastic melted) caused the credit card companies to have the bankruptcy code amended to make it extra tough to wriggle out of a credit card debt. You might show the company good faith by mailing them back the credit card to show that you won't be accumulating more debt on them while you are unemployed.

The more good faith you actually show, the more leniency you are likely to get from the credit card company. For example, they may refuse your request right now when they haven't yet gotten a dime from you, but over the next year or so make installment payments regularly (and DON'T run up any more debt on that card) and after a year or two repeat the same request and then they might say Yes.
/ Shoonra
"Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft."
First Samuel 15:23
Shoonra
Statist

Have thanks: 208 time

Postby lostandfound » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:15 am

I would cancel my card immediately.

That seems to end the terms and conditions that you have bound yourself.

You could read what you have agreed to and see what your obligation is?
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. They feed them on falsehoods till wrongs look like right in their eyes." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, forever.
lostandfound
King of my Own Domain

Have thanks: 189 time

Return to Banks, Collection, & CRA