Welcome
Welcome to SuiJurisForum.com --- You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. Members of this FREE Community are able to gain access to write capabilities, private messaging, a chat room, extra forums, and more!

***If you decide to Join our FREE Community... then DON'T FORGET to PASS/SKIP the multiple ADVERTISEMENTS during Registration that ask for Phone Numbers!! ***

Diabetes: Non-Pharmaceutical solutions?

Discuss health to watch.

Re: Diabetes: Non-Pharmaceutical solutions?

Postby Shoonra » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:12 pm

For non-diabetics: Testing oneself for diabetic level has changed over the decades. When I was a very little boy it was so cumbersome that most people just brought urine specimens to their doctors and waited a day or so for lab results. Then it could be done at home, but not easily and definitely not for the squeamish or fastidious. Nowadays it can be done with a tiny pinprick and a computerized device smaller than a cellphone. Diabetics get used to the pinprick (using a spring-loaded lancet) but I suppose non-diabetics aren't so if you're not yet diabetic do this just once every couple of months (if your numbers become worrisome maybe tighten up your schedule to once a month or oftener). In the morning, before coffee or milk or anything but water, blood glucose should be less than 105 (if it's a lot less - like 65 - that indicates hypoglycemia, a less common, less destructive, ailment but something you should see your doctor about).

If your doctor diagnoses you as diabetic it's probable that your insurance (or Medicare or ACA) connects with a company that provides you with a free blood glucose meter and test strips and lancets and advice.

I am not at all sure if healthy living and a careful diet can ward off diabetes forever, it may simply happen that as we grow older certain body parts give up, but even after we are diagnosed with diabetes and are prescribed medication and even insulin for it, a conscientious diet and healthy lifestyle can work to minimize the damage and the worsening of the disease and the need for more and stronger medications. Adhering to an extremely low carbohydrate diet and other healthy practices may bring the need for insulin (and maybe other medications) down to zero, but even so the patient remains diabetic and any sloppiness about the diet will be severely and swiftly punished.
Last edited by Shoonra on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/ Shoonra
"Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft."
First Samuel 15:23
Shoonra
Statist

Have thanks: 208 time

Postby Pumpkin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:48 pm

I know a man who is (was) diabetic. He researched, 'dead doctors do not lie', and now he takes no insulin, and is not 'diabetic' any more.
The created serves the Creator. As with man to God. As with the nest to the bird. As with government to the people.
Judges don't wear black robes for nothing.
Pumpkin
Creditor In Commerce

Have thanks: 116 time

Postby BOBT12 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:32 am

Shoonra wrote:For non-diabetics: Testing oneself for diabetic level has changed over the decades. When I was a very little boy it was so cumbersome that most people just brought urine specimens to their doctors and waited a day or so for lab results. Then it could be done at home, but not easily and definitely not for the squeamish or fastidious. Nowadays it can be done with a tiny pinprick and a computerized device smaller than a cellphone. Diabetics get used to the pinprick (using a spring-loaded lancet) but I suppose non-diabetics aren't so if you're not yet diabetic do this just once every couple of months (if your numbers become worrisome maybe tighten up your schedule to once a month or oftener). In the morning, before coffee or milk or anything but water, blood glucose should be less than 105 (if it's a lot less - like 65 - that indicates hypoglycemia, a less common, less destructive, ailment but something you should see your doctor about).

If your doctor diagnoses you as diabetic it's probable that your insurance (or Medicare or ACA) connects with a company that provides you with a free blood glucose meter and test strips and lancets and advice.

I am not at all sure if healthy living and a careful diet can ward off diabetes forever, it may simply happen that as we grow older certain body parts give up, but even after we are diagnosed with diabetes and are prescribed medication and even insulin for it, a conscientious diet and healthy lifestyle can work to minimize the damage and the worsening of the disease and the need for more and stronger medications. Adhering to an extremely low carbohydrate diet and other healthy practices may bring the need for insulin (and maybe other medications) down to zero, but even so the patient remains diabetic and any sloppiness about the diet will be severely and swiftly punished.
I think your own experience suggest that Type II Diabetes Mellitus can be reversed through dietary means, although, I am sure that you would hasten to add, with the aid of pharmaceuticals. I have no problem with this. Yet, how many people reverse the problem with medicine alone? Moreover, your testimony seems to support the studies general views through your actual results.
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-- Thomas Jefferson

”The principles contained in the Declaration of Independence are saving principles. Stand by those principles; be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost.” –Frederick Douglass.

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."- Patrick Henry

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."- William Penn;Thomas Jefferson's personal seal, attributed to the judges who executed King Charles I for crimes against the people.

inforwars.com
BOBT12
Out of Commerce

Have thanks: 170 time

Postby Shoonra » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:42 pm

I do not think medication alone can reverse diabetes, altho if caught early enough, pills can avert or postpone or minimize the need for injections of insulin, an unpleasantness that's worth postponing and minimizing. (For non-diabetics: insulin, which comes in a many different forms, is expensive, some forms very expensive indeed, and NOT covered by insurance or Medicare.) Conscientious diet will certainly help in this. "Reversing diabetes" does not mean that the patient is now somehow completely and utterly restored to a youthful pancreas and can resume a youthful diet of ice cream and candy and junk food; it means that the need for insulin is averted, the medications can be kept in modest doses, and the patient can eat more-or-less normal meals (following some guidelines). Not reversing diabetes means eventual insulin injections (which tend to become more frequent and/or larger), stronger medication, fewer choices about food, and more stringent guidelines.

As an example of someone at the other end of the diabetes spectrum, a quarter century ago I knew a charming young lady, whom I will identify only as a brilliant young lawyer and a member of a distinguished family, whom I frequently encountered in my work. She was a Type 1 diabetic and was described as a brittle diabetic, which means that she was at considerable risk of getting much worse - with the possibility of organ failure and the like - for example, when she attended lectures she carried in her handbag a tiny bit of wrapped food, and at very specific times (she had a watch with a tiny alarm) - even at very solemn moments in the lectures - she would inconspicuously unwrap the food and eat it without delay, because postponing this meal would cause some sort of dangerous imbalance in her system. I had been somewhat slow on the uptake on all this, and had made a romantic overture to her - and she turned the fire hose on me with graphic descriptions of members of her diabetes group (evidently formed at a clinic) were suffering from amputations and organ failures and other catastrophes, and how she couldn't eat at restaurants or most people's parties, couldn't expect to sit through movies or enjoy other normal amusements, etc. I think she had sort of memorized this speech for such occasions. I think of her now and then and wonder what if ...
/ Shoonra
Shoonra
Statist

Postby BOBT12 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:15 pm

The studies don't support a "diet of ice cream and candy and junk food". Just the opposite is closer to the truth. In fact, the Standard American Diet (S.A.D.) is likely a strong factor in causing Type II Diabetes Mellitus.

A Newcastle University team has discovered that Type 2 diabetes can be reversed by an extreme low calorie diet alone.

Prof Roy Taylor with Gordon Parmley

This is a radical change in understanding Type 2 diabetes.
Professor Roy Taylor

Affecting two and half million people in the UK – and on the increase – Type 2 diabetes is a long-term condition caused by too much glucose, a type of sugar, in the blood.

In an early stage clinical trial of 11 people, funded by Diabetes UK, all reversed their diabetes by drastically cutting their food intake to just 600 calories a day for two months. And three months later, seven remained free of diabetes.

Professor Roy Taylor of Newcastle University who led the study and also works for the Newcastle-Upon-Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said: “To have people free of diabetes after years with the condition is remarkable - and all because of an eight week diet.

“This is a radical change in understanding Type 2 diabetes. It will change how we can explain it to people newly diagnosed with the condition. While it has long been believed that someone with Type 2 diabetes will always have the disease, and that it will steadily get worse, we have shown that we can reverse the condition.”

The results of the diet shown to reverse Type 2 diabetes
Research revealed at the American Diabetes Association conference and published in Diabetologia transforms thinking on diabetes. It demonstrates that people who go on a very low calorie diet can remove fat which is clogging up the pancreas allowing normal insulin secretion to be restored.

Traditionally, it has been thought that as a progressive condition, Type 2 diabetes can be controlled by diet initially then tablets, but may eventually require insulin injections.

Type 2 diabetes, which was once known as adult-onset diabetes, is now found in young adults and children. It is caused by too much glucose in the blood due to the pancreas not producing enough insulin - a hormone which breaks down glucose into energy in the cells – or due to the body not reacting to it, known as insulin sensitivity.

Under close supervision of a medical team, 11 people who had developed diabetes later in life were put on an extreme diet of just 600 calories a day consisting of liquid diet drinks plus 200 calories of non-starchy vegetables. They were matched to a control group of people without diabetes and then monitored over eight weeks. Insulin production from their pancreas and fat content in the liver and pancreas were studied.

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/press/news/2015/10/type2diabetes/
Emphasis added.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4439&start=30
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."-- Thomas Jefferson

”The principles contained in the Declaration of Independence are saving principles. Stand by those principles; be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost.” –Frederick Douglass.

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."- Patrick Henry

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."- William Penn;Thomas Jefferson's personal seal, attributed to the judges who executed King Charles I for crimes against the people.

inforwars.com
BOBT12
Out of Commerce

Postby Shoonra » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:46 pm

This was done with 11 people willing to eat a 600 calorie diet for two months. This was the 'birdseed' diet I talked about. You'd have trouble finding 11 people who'd live on such a stringent diet for two months, much less the rest of their lives -- altho that is the fate of most of the people who get stomach-shrinking surgery. Yes, such a strict diet can make diabetic symptoms disappear .... everyone may call it "reversing diabetes" but the magic only works as long as the patient is careful about his diet; depending on the severity of his (former) diabetes, he may go back to 'normal' meals sometimes or all the time but he should never help the kids finish off their Halloween candy. For the rest of his life, the patient should be attentive to the signals of diabetes, test his blood glucose occasionally, limit his intake of sweets, etc. It's a bit like what AA says about alcoholics, there are no 'former' or 'cured' alcoholics, only 'in recovery' ... it's a continuing process.
/ Shoonra
Shoonra
Statist

Postby BOBT12 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:06 pm

No one is saying that more studies aren't needed. Still the results are encouraging.

After just one week, the Newcastle University team found that their pre-breakfast blood sugar levels had returned to normal
A special MRI scan of their pancreas revealed that the fat levels in the pancreas had returned from an elevated level to normal (from around 8% to 6%). In step with this, the pancreas regained the normal ability to make insulin and as a result, blood sugar after meals steadily improved.

The volunteers were then followed-up three months later. During this time they had returned to eating normally but had received advice on portion size and healthy eating. Of the ten people re-tested, seven remained free of diabetes.
Emphasis added.

inforwars.com
BOBT12
Out of Commerce

Previous

Return to Health